All About Cupping!
What is cupping therapy?
This therapy employs negative pressure, rather that tissue compression. This therapy releases rigid soft tissue, drains excess fluids and toxins, loosens adhesions, lifts connective tissue, and brings blood flow to stagnant skin and muscles.
What are some reasons to try cupping therapy?
- If you are experiencing insomnia, Cupping Therapy creates deep relaxation.
- It releases toxins and lactic acid that are built up in your muscles.
- Cupping Therapy is used to treat shoulder injuries and frozen shoulders.
- Cupping Therapy breaks up cellulite and gives your legs, buttock, stomach and thighs a smooth appearance.
- If you have digestive issues or are experiencing constipation, Cupping Therapy can be used to dredge and break apart the buildups in the intestines.
- It also eliminates pimples, acnes, scars and to bleach and eradicate wrinkles and edema.
- The facial rejuvenation cupping technique relieves facial tension (i.e. TMJD, addresses sinus points) and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles and keeps your face looking young.
- If you are experiencing sciatica, it can specifically target this condition.
- Biomagnetic Cupping can detox your body and relieve chronic pain due to injuries.
- Cupping Therapy is one of the best massage techniques to relieve deep muscle pain.
How is cupping accomplished?
The cup is positioned over the treatment and a vacuum is created by reducing the pressure inside the cup, therefore stretching the underlying tissues up into the cup.
What are the discolorations that sometimes occur during treatments?
These discolorations are not bruises. The color and pattern of the marks depend on the level of stagnation in the area, and range from a bright red to dark purple, usually lasting 3 days to a week - sometimes longer if the person is very sick or sedentary. If there is no stagnation present, there will be only a pink marking which disappears in a few minutes to a couple of hours. If the client receiving treatment sweats a lot on a daily basis - no marks may ever occur. People who live/work/play in toxic environments (or were exposed to a heavy dose of toxic material) may consistently mark. Sites where there is old trauma or injury may require multiple cupping treatments to remove all stagnation. You will find in follow up treatments the marks will get progressively lighter as the pathogens are systemically removed from the body.
What is Facial Cupping?
Face cupping is inexpensive, non-invasive, and serves as a safe alternative to surgery or chemical treatments. Facial cupping uses small, specially designed suction cups to lift and massage facial tissue. It is actually not a new therapy, women in Asia, Russia and Europe have been using negative pressure facial cupping for rejuvenation and maintenance for generations. There are many benefits:
- Increases oxygen-rich blood circulation
- Strengthens skin & connective tissues and stimulates fibroblast cells responsible for collagen and elasticity production
- Visibly reduces fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Tones chin, jawline, neck & décolletage
- Reduce scars, excess oil & pore size
- Relaxes facial muscle tension & tightness
For best results, facial cupping is recommended two times a week until desired effect, then one to two times monthly thereafter for maintenance.